Back-End Java Developer
AKQA has a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and takes pride in our track record of helping clients leverage CMS features. Our Back End Engineers are expert problem solvers who develop seamless data-exchange systems that power business solutions in the most optimal and scalable manner possible.
As a Back-End Java Developer, you'll have experience delivering high-quality digital platforms based on the Java umbrella of technologies. You’re a technically excellent programmer who possesses deep expertise in software engineering frameworks as well as the latest industry trends.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Developing solutions on the Adobe AEM and CQ platform.
- Designing applications using design patterns and modern application frameworks.
- Writing clean and testable object-oriented code in Java.
- Working with REST Web Services and Microservice architectures.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent dev-ops skills and experience that create market-leading solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSGi, Sling, JCR, and associated integrations.
- Experience in all levels of testing including unit, integration, smoke and acceptance.
- Adept at using versioning systems (git) and pull requests.
- Familiar with continuous integration/deployment/delivery practices, tools and processes.
- Sound working knowledge of modern front-end technologies and tooling integrations with both AEM (preferably version 6.5) and REST APIs.
- Experienced in Agile and cloud computing environments, and familiar with virtualised development environments.
- Adobe Campaign knowledge is advantageous
- Working knowledge of React.js and React Native
- Demonstrable experience working across a suite of AEM built public and member website builds, mobile application, and content management pages. Experience working across AEM upgrades is advantageous.
- Basic system administration knowledge (Linux/Unix).
- An entrepreneurial, logical and positive mindset with a professional manner, sharp attention to detail and passion for new technology.
- A collaborative ‘one team’ approach so client and agency partners work cohesively.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to our ability to provide clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply