Brand Editor (design focus)
You’re here because…
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. In short, we exist to help create the future with our clients. We pride ourselves in the simplicity of all that we do, from expression of an idea to the final execution.
As a member of a small, close knit and cross-functional editorial team, you are a conceptual thinker who leans on design/art direction as your core communication craft competency. You will operate in a small and nimble team who self manage a constant stream of editorial outputs in close collaboration with your counterparts on the client’s team. Your focus is on delivering real outcomes for our clients through measured editorial experiments, with continual review and optimization. In this role, you will identify opportunities for editorial communications from creative ideation through to channel-selection and influencers - using a combination of brand insights and data to drive the team’s decision making. Working on a key global client communicating with a Japanese audience; Japanese native language plus confident conversational English language are mandatory.
The Brand Editor is responsible for delivering editorial content solutions end-to-end, from planning to reporting, and plays a key role in communicating these opportunities and results directly to our clients. You are able to think strategically, conceptualize compelling, beautifully constructed editorial content for a variety of clients and audiences, and will be used to working across multiple creative disciplines while having a leaning heavily on your core competency of design/art direction. Able to respond positively to feedback from clients and re-work content (while retaining its impact) to meet their stakeholder requirements.
You are our clients’ Brand custodian, and understand how to translate this into meaningfully engaging communications to their customers that drive tangible business results.
In short you…
1. Create editorial content
● Develop and present creative ideas for editorial content
● Work in a close knit editorial team to realise the creative ideas
● Develop and create beautifully designed content, from concept
to final asset delivery
● Adapt global content for local (Japanese) channels
2. Contribute to the development of editorial content plans
● Monthly planning across LINE, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, client’s owned channels.
● Align communication goals to overarching KPI’s
● Input and alignment with the overarching omni-channel strategy
● Schedule social media posts,
3. Report, optimise and maintain
● Maintain editorial activity, in line with the proposed plan
● Review editorial results and support with analysis and reporting
● Actively review these results in line with our KPI’s
● Use these insights to continuously optimise our approach to creative, strategy and content
4. Identify and develop new communication opportunities
● Identify new opportunities across different channels and creative executions
● Support in the development of bespoke campaign creative/development
● Proactively present ideas to help amplify our clients content
Life will be sweeter with…
● Proven experience in design, art direction or photography
● An understanding of female lifestyle brands and youth culture
● Experience working in a creative/digital agency environment
● Previous experience working across popular social media and owned content platforms
● Skills in using social media/content management/reporting tools is a big bonus
● Experience in advertising, journalism or web editing is valuable