Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Business Development Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Millipede is a specialist member of the global AKQA experience family. Millipede crafts joyful digital products that inspire people of all ages through explorative playful environments, chart-topping games that promote behaviour change and deftly realised mobile apps that help enable brighter futures.
As a Business Development Director, you will operate across both AKQA Melbourne and Millipede studios. You will be a proactive advocate of each studio’s market presence and service offering. Working closely with the leadership teams of both studios, you will generate new business demand for each studio’s respective products, ideas, and services. You will seek, explore, and nurture new business leads and relationships, and support the conversion of these leads to clients.
Located in Melbourne, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Understand, articulate, and promote each studio’s services, strengths, and unique take-to-market offering.
- Identify potential clients, drive, and grow the pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Build strong relationships and quickly develop rapport with new and potential clients.
- Develop, articulate, and drive business development strategy for Millipede and for AKQA, with support from the leadership teams.
- Record, manage and report on new business prospects.
- Help evaluate opportunities to pursue and evaluate ROI on proactive opportunities.
- Provide advice on commercial engagement models.
- Lead and contribute to pitch responses
- Knowledge share and mentor team members to create winning responses.
- Contribute to building each agency's profile.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent business acumen and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of and experience with digital product development.
- An avid interest in design and technology, and an advocate of the affordances of digital technologies for empowering and inspiring people of all ages.
- An innovative playful spirit, a collegial mindset, and wide-ranging curiosity.
- Foster a culture of proactivity, passion, and energy for client’s businesses.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply