New York, United States
Business Development Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA is looking for a Business Development Manager for its New York Studio. This role will help identify, qualify, pursue and help win strategic and tactical new business, and create a smooth integration for our new clients into the studio and agency. You will oversee business development initiatives and guide them from the lead phase through close. In addition you will work with our Global and Regional Business development team to help qualify and engage in cross-Studio new business pursuits.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Help define and develop the existing new business strategy tailored for the New York Studio
- Help define and manage the new business process for the New York Studio
- Work with senior leadership to help produce work that NY Studio is capable of delivering
- Identify growth opportunities and proactively pursue new client opportunities
- Manage and qualify inbound requests
- Handle approaches, follow ups and tracking of new business leads
- Help lead cred/pitch meetings
- Help complete RFPs and RFIs
- Coordinate with Global Business team on inbound lead routing and cross office pitches
- Coordinate and help manage internal pitch process
- Help lead internal new business meetings and processes
- Help keep executive team informed of business development pipeline and status
- Be an advocate for AKQA, its ways and philosophies to new and existing clients
- Keep up to date on latest market shifts and trends
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience in a digital agency environment, specifically in a business development, client services or strategy function
- A detailed understanding of the business development process, tools and deliverables generally required
- Proven ability to manage relationships with prospective clients from first meeting through deal completion
- Proven ability to present and communicate clearly to prospectives, internal teams and existing clients
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply