Business Transformation Director
At AKQA innovation is a core value, not a department. Our multi-disciplinary teams are tasked with disrupting business models, designing customer experience strategies, and building product and service innovations that grow business and continuously deliver value.
Strategists at AKQA are the researchers, designers and advisors of consumer, customer and culture for our clients. An eclectic bunch of provocative thinkers and innovative problem solvers utilising our specialisations in business, brand and experience strategy.
As a Business Design Director, you will champion the exploration of the viability of new concepts. You’ll lead a multi-disciplinary strategy team to understand the client context, collect and interpret relevant data, develop insights, explore future horizons and identify growth opportunities, define strategy, create tangible experiments and prototypes, communicate the vision, and ultimately help our clients get new offers to market.
You have a passion for the product mindset, a proven track record of entrepreneurialism and a can-do attitude to start, scale and grow businesses. For you, designing a product or service is defining the future growth strategy for a brand.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam, you will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discovering new revenue streams by designing better propositions, ventures and delivery models
- Creating efficiencies by developing new products & services and improving existing ones
- Making customers happier through the creation of more delightful and relevant experiences
- Understanding and educating why designing products, services, stories, experiences can drive strategic growth for our clients
- Navigating end-to-end product life cycles, business model design, market analysis, financial modeling, and implementation
- Providing a future perspective that advises clients, inspires colleagues and sets collaborations towards the third horizon
- Enabling your team to forecast and simulate the impact of new offers and business models, to better understand the size of markets and opportunities, and to help inspire and build confidence in the strategic direction of projects through data
- Acting as a trusted partner to Chiefs, Heads, Leads, Founders and Owners across trategy, digital, customer, innovation, and transformation functions
- Positionining AKQA at the cutting edge of research and insight. Oversee the development and promotion of new research projects/methodologies/products AKQA can use to generate original insights for clients and for growth purposes
- Scoping programs of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Leading the strategic offering across our client portfolio and key product roadmaps
- Proactively creating and converting new revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Motivating and inspiring our diverse strategy team towards a shared vision for our studio
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 7+ years of experience in a senior role in venture development, product management or customer experience, either consulting, at an agency or within an enterprise or product organisation. You should have extensive experience leading, defining and implementing growth, business and innovation strategies and initiatives across a range of industries
- Depth of expertise developing commercially sound, end-end strategic plans for different types of innovation programmes
- Experience leading a team of multidisciplinary strategists (service & experience designers, brand & business strategists) and partnering with clients to bring a variety of concepts and products to life and to market
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring a team and developing them to their full potential
- An understanding of how business, brands, and consumers interact, and how technology is impacting their lives
- Customer research experience (qualitative and quantitative) at both implementation and management levels
- Passionate to work across the entire brand experience ecosystem, especially product and service
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with clients of a Head, Director, VP, and C-Suite seniority
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us knowApply