London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive, digital services and products that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Client Accountant at AKQA, you have primary responsibility for monthly revenue recognition. Other responsibilities include monitoring of third-party project costs, and ensuring regularly that the MAS500 financial system and Workbook resource management system are accurate, up to date and in sync. You will also support other members of the Finance team as and when required.
This is an operational role requiring effective communication, time management skills and good attention to detail. You will work closely with the Delivery and Client Services teams, where strong and positive working relationships are essential.
- Perform monthly revenue recognition and ensure appropriate documentation for SOX compliance.
- Ensure timely billing and prompt collection from your clients to help achieve team target of DSO <70 days and net working capital of no more than 10%.
- Monitor/reconcile estimated vs. actual third-party costs per project, flagging over-spending.
- Approve expense claims for project-related costs in a timely manner and in line with client contracts.
- Meet regularly with Client Services team to review project status, OOPs and billing.
- Ensure project records in MAS500 and Workbook reflect SOWs and have client approval.
- Maintain MAS500 and Workbook records through project closures and archiving.
- Support Client Services team with revenue forecasting.
- Respond efficiently to project-related financial queries in MAS500 and Workbook.
- Respond to internal/external audit requests and collate information as required.
Skills and Experience
- Work well under pressure, manage time efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess strong customer service ethos and a commitment to building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven experience working in or with a client accounting function.
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of Sage products, preferably MAS500.
- Knowledge of Workbook resource management system beneficial but not essential.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply