London, United Kingdom
Client Accountant - Fixed Term Contract
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Client Accounting team at AKQA service the London Studio as their main stakeholder, collaborating with the wider Finance team to provide a full-service Finance solution. Working as business partners alongside the Client Services and Delivery teams, the Client Accounting team are responsible for capturing, monitoring, and reporting the financial impact throughout the lifecycle of client projects, not only focussing on compliance but also adding value to produce the best results for the studio.
As a Client Accountant, you will perform the monthly revenue recognition process, project invoicing, monitoring of 3rd party projects costs and credit control to ensure that the MAS500 financial system and Planview are accurate and up to date and in sync on a timely basis.
In addition to this, you will work closely with the Delivery and Client Service departments, where a strong working relationships, communications and time management skills will be essential.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract role.
- Perform monthly revenue recognition in line with SOX recognition criteria.
- Successful and accurate administration of all sales invoices in line with billing schedules.
- Perform credit control procedures to reduce the level of DSO on clients to achieve >70 days.
- Monitor and reconcile Accrued and Deferred revenue to ensure timely arrival of Purchase Orders.
- Meet weekly with CS team to review DSO, accrued revenue and OOPs.
- Ensure Project record in MAS500 and Planview reflect SOW’s and have client approval.
- Maintain MAS500 and Planview project records through project closures and archiving.
- Support the client service teams with Revenue Forecasting in Planview.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to project related financial queries in MAS500 & Planview.
- Respond ton internal and external audit requests and be able to collate required information.
- Be responsible for the monthly travel file and timely upload to MAS500.
- Support other members of the Finance team as and when required.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience working in or with a Client Accounting function.
- Experience working within a design/communications/media agency environment would be advantageous.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage time efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience using MS office.
- Experience using Sage products, preferably MAS500.
- Prior knowledge of Planview project & resource management system would be beneficial.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply