Client Partner, EMEA
Client Partners at AKQA drive the commercial health of the office by ensuring the quality of AKQA deliverables, strong client satisfaction, and high employee engagement. The Client Partner will pursue new growth opportunities for the EMEA region, lead pitches and drive existing business .As a key member of the AKQA Executive Team, the Client Partner will play a pivotal role in providing leadership so that AKQA team-members have the best environment for excellence. The Client Partner will seek business efficiencies for the office. They will establish key relationships with AKQA clients and own a portfolio of work.
Based in Amsterdam, as part of the AKQA EMEA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. This role is 50% focussed on new business and 50% focused on leadership of existing clients.
- Develop and nurture new business opportunities across EMEA, Lead regional pitch responses and procurement processes
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client's business and consumer needs. Develop relationships with potential clients whilst maintaining healthy existing client relationships.
- Uncover, analyze, and anticipate appropriate payment models and pricing structures for target customers who represent early-stage businesses to enterprise scale-ups
- Partner with discipline leads to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Revenue responsibility €9m+. Ensures effective pricing strategy while maintaining overall client profitability targets at all times. Highlights team operational issues in relation to overall client profitability. Successfully negotiates with the client procurement team. Negotiates rate cards with clients as well as retainers and financial structure of an account.
- Leverages relationships to extend AKQA remit within client organisation. Seeks out opportunities with related client brands. Runs the entire pitch process and brings new clients into AKQA seamlessly. Uses AKQA knowledge and experience to generate new business opportunities (e.g. Brand Experience Design, Business Transformation, Data). Helps others to understand strategy for identifying new business opportunities. Likely to be the 'face' of AKQA CS e.g. in pitching etc.
- Able to convince clients of the value of annual planning sessions. Ensures visibility of all major client initiatives over next 12 months, across a group of accounts. Organises team resource and configuration and sets out detailed month by month forecasts against which resource can be planned.
- Provides senior clients and their boards with digital marketing expertise and innovative ideas. Consults on their business challenges to deliver a positive difference to their bottom line through experience, entrepreneurialism and incisive thought. Presents strategic services offering to develop partnerships, new services and solutions that help client businesses exceed growth targets.
- Successfully manages multiple suppliers, partners and customers to ensure the best outcome for both customers and AKQA. Provides updates on project progress, account planning, conflict's, and engages the Managing Director where relevant.
- Sets strategy for account group. Strategic leadership of the internal team. Setting the vision for the account, helping the team understand what needs to be delivered. Provides thought leadership to both clients and internal teams. Makes the account team aware of senior level client challenges. Reports on client activity for executive meetings.
- Helps to grow strategic client relationships, takes part in key client meetings, mentors the core team and acts as the final escalation point for all activity.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 10+ years working in a client services or account management role in a creative environment.
- Prior success in business development and building and maintain client relationships
- Understanding of a strategic consulting and professional services approach
- Experience of managing global clients and leading accounts at a senior level
- Comfort and experience in building and leading world-class teams
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of wider commercial issues
- Experience of inspiring and managing teams
- Highly competent and confident presenter
- Possesses a strong quality of leadership, in both the work and in decision-making
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.