Client Services Director
Client Partners / Client Service Directors at AKQA drive the commercial health of the office by ensuring the quality of AKQA deliverables, strong client satisfaction, and high employee engagement. The Client Partner / Client Service Director will drive existing and new deliverables, lead pitches and pursue new growth opportunities for the office. As a key member of the AKQA Executive Team, the Client Partner / Client Service Director will play a pivotal role in providing leadership so that AKQA team-members have the best environment for excellence. The Client Partner / Client Service Director will seek business efficiencies for the office. They will establish key relationships with AKQA clients and own a portfolio of work.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Revenue responsibility €9m+. Ensures effective pricing strategy while maintaining overall client profitability targets at all times. Highlights team operational issues in relation to overall client profitability. Successfully negotiates with client procurement team. Negotiates rate cards with clients as well as retainers and financial structure of an account.
- Leverages relationships to extend AKQA remit within client organisation. Seeks out opportunities with related client brands. Runs entire pitch process and brings new clients into AKQA seamlessly. Uses AKQA knowledge and experience to generate new business opportunities (e.g. Brand Experience Design, Business Transformation, Data). Helps others to understand strategy for identifying new business opportunities. Likely to be the 'face' of AKQA CS e.g. in pitching etc.
- Able to convince clients of value of annual planning sessions. Ensures visibility of all major client initiatives over next 12 months, across group of accounts. Organises team resource and configuration and sets out detailed month by month forecasts against which resource can be planned.
- Provides senior clients and their boards with digital marketing expertise and innovative ideas. Consults on their business challenges to deliver a positive difference to their bottom line through experience, entrepreneurialism and incisive thought. Presents strategic services offering to develop partnerships, new services and solutions that help client businesses exceed growth targets.
- Successfully manages multiple suppliers, partners and customers to ensure the best outcome for both customer and AKQA. Provides updates on project progress, account planning, conflict's, and engages Managing Director where relevant.
- Sets strategy for account group. Strategic leadership of internal team. Setting the vision for the account, helping the team understand what needs to be delivered. Provides thought leadership to both clients and internal teams. Makes account team aware of senior level client challenges. Reports on client activity for executive meetings.
- Helps to grow strategic client relationships, takes part in key client meetings, mentors core team and acts as final escalation point for all activity.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 10+ years working in a client services or account management role in a creative environment.
- Prior success in business development and building and maintain client relationships
- Understanding of a strategic consulting and professional services approach
- Experience of managing global clients and leading accounts at a senior level
- Comfort and experience in building and leading world-class teams
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of wider commercial issues
- Experience of inspiring and managing teams
- Highly competent and confident presenter
- Possesses a strong quality of leadership, in both the work and in decision-making
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.