Cloud Architect (Security)
The AKQA Managed Services team delivers cloud platform management and environment support solutions, DevOps engineering, and consulting services that support our clients' ecommerce platforms and associated business operations. There is now an exciting opportunity to join the AKQA Managed Services team and be an integral part in establishing and supporting their core services and solutions.
As a Cloud Architect at AKQA, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of web application infrastructure solutions, with a focus on security and risk management. You will articulate technical security concepts and business value to both client and internal audiences, and make appropriate recommendations regarding compliance, authentication, identity management and data security strategies. You will champion the integrity of our solutions, with a passion for automated, scalable, scripted solutions.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Collaborate with technical and business teams to design and recommend security solutions.
- Implement and oversee high-quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Plan and execute the implementation of security strategies.
- Champion DevSecOps principles and practices, and compliance within the business across core responsibilities and day to day duties.
- Create excellent systems, infrastructure and architectural design artefacts and documentation.
- Knowledge of current IT risks and best-practice security solutions to enable security audit compliance against industry standards such as PCI DSS.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Deep understanding of modern software engineering principles and security practices: security by design, protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation etc.
- Deep understanding of the web: protocols, architecture, infrastructure, proxies, load balancing, high availability and databases, etc.
- Excellent DevOps skills and SecOps implementation experience.
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management, data encryption or related technologies on enterprise-level web/cloud projects.
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following the cloud platform providers: Azure, AWS.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Passion for emerging technology and an analytical mindset.
- Preferred: Azure or AWS Certification (SA-A, SA-P, DevOps etc.).
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.