San Francisco, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Content strategy is concerned with how we plan, make, organize, connect and measure content. This spans everything from front end elements such as videos and webpages to back end elements such as a site taxonomy and metadata.
The Content Strategist will act as a partner for digital creatives (UX, Visual Designers, Product Designers, Art Directors, and Copywriters) during development of content with a goal of continually improving the content user experience and ensure alignment to business and brand needs. They will facilitate the Brand, Interactive, and PM working relationship to bring product and business strategy to life within Interactive deliverables.
- Responsible for creation, communication, execution, and governance of Interactive content strategy, including goals, KPIs, and how content serves user and business needs
- Collaborate across teams on development of deliverables that may include but are not limited to: content strategy, content measurement strategy, content management strategy, competitive and market content analysis, editorial calendars, content audits and analysis
- Work with teams to assess progress towards content goals and realign as needed
- Collaborate across the organization, to comprehend business priorities, key positioning messages, and value proposition
- Work with Interactive team to make sure work supports priorities, messaging, and value propositions
- Support content experience across platforms and drive integration of content from across teams into comprehensive digital experience that enables cross-marketing and avoids duplication of efforts
- Work across teams to develop common language and measurement framework for content strategy
- Partner with leadership and internal teams to leverage existing content to achieve strategic goals while assessing need for development of new content to meet any opportunities
- Work with teams to develop standards, processes, and best practices for content creation, maintenance, and archiving
- Continually iterate content deliverables as needed based on inputs from Brand, PM, and Data teams
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field; Masters in related field a plus
- 7-10 years experience in content marketing, strategy, or user experience
- Deep understanding of content, UX, and how they support business and brand strategy
- Demonstrated success collaborating with leadership and cross-functional teams
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
- Ability to develop and train teams and leadership on content strategy, creation, and distribution
- Ability to clearly articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply