Portland, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Writers at AKQA PDX talk like humans, and help brands talk like humans. They write in the voice of famous TV actor people, make the world’s athletes want to pound pavement, and craft narratives about tech products so new they haven't even been leaked to YouTube reviewers yet.
The studio is searching for a writer that will help define the public voice of the ongoing social programs of iconic brands. A fearless experimenter full of ideas about how to show up in the frenzied world of always-on media. We’re looking for someone that can turn a phrase and turn on the idea tap.
*Remote work is possible, as long as you are able to work on Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Work closely with the art director, designer, and/or creative director to get to the heart of the big idea
- Be curious, finding insights in the world that drive sharp, compelling concepts
- Organize and pace the execution of each new brief to give the creative process time to work
- Present your work and justify your decisions confidently to clients
- Bring your whole self to work, unafraid to inject your personality into the work
- Problem-solve your way around obstacles, seeing each pivot as an opportunity to add something new
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 2-6 years of copywriting experience, preferably with a content or social media focus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply