London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination.
From inspiration to implementation, AKQA has an unmatched reputation for influential work. Honoured as a Best Workplace for Innovators by Fast Company and recognised as a Great Place to Work, we have 29 international studios and are consistently among the world’s most awarded agencies. AKQA is trusted to collaborate with many of the world’s most respected organisations, families and institutions.
As a Copywriter working on projects with the Marketing and PR team, you will work in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager and Chief Marketing Officer to create a range of considered and bespoke long and short form pieces for our channels. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional communication skills, a demonstrated understanding of storytelling within the digital landscape, and exceptional attention to detail. AKQA Copywriters bring creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. The Copywriter will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective, and truly remarkable, crafting exceptional copy and storytelling.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and copywriting skills. Articulate, clear and informative copy, avoiding marketing speak.
- Embrace challenges and new ways of thinking, clearly communicating ideas and thoughts.
- Collaborate with various teams within AKQA resulting in a high level of team satisfaction.
- Writing thought provoking headlines, scripts, thought leadership, articles, campaign copy and content for websites.
- Prepare for creative reviews by preparing presentation materials.
- Consistently deliver high quality work on time.
- Contribute actively to briefs, listening and responding.
- Generate ideas with senior members of department to tell the story of world-class, innovative ideas.
- Aid the wider team to ensure delivery of highest quality work.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality copywriting, clever headlines and concepting experience within a variety of campaigns and digital content.
- A collaborative approach, with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to proofread one's own work and correct mistakes proactively. Review final deliverables with an exacting eye.
- A drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility for their work and their teammates. Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent.
- Be accountable for the project deliverables and manage the quality of all copy deliverables to ensure they meet AKQA standards for creative excellence and tone of voice.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and to deliver quality copy at a high volume in a tight timeframe.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply