Atlanta, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create a better future. We are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to transform businesses and improve people’s lives.
Our Atlanta Studio specifically focuses on digital products and services, building experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices. We support many of the best known brands in the southeast—and the world—in the areas of travel, food, logistics, professional sports and the arts.
AKQA Copywriters play essential roles in the strategy, conception and writing of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. The Copywriter at AKQA approaches every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Copywriter will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable, crafting exceptional copy and storytelling.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality copywriting, clever headlines and clear copy within a variety of digital content
- Ability to write creative copy (headlines, naming, web copy, concepts), concise navigational copy that guides users to complete tasks as efficiently as possible (for apps, websites, e-commerce and chatbots), and strategic presentation decks
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Eagerness to embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Enthusiasm about contributing to conceptual projects and brainstorms
- Ability to thrive while working independently as well as within various AKQA teams, including UX designers, art directors, strategists and product managers
- Ability to adapt to different brands’ voice and tone and to create guidelines for same
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A collaborative, empathetic personality that can work across disciplines and can understand different experiences from a user’s perspective
- Strong organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage time, balancing the needs of several clients simultaneously
- Enthusiasm about digital trends and the ability to work with content strategists and UX designers to ensure our work is capitalizing on evolving consumer behaviors
- A drive to break boundaries and make first-of-their-kind digital experiences
- A desire to write honest, jargon-free conversational copy
- The ability to proofread one’s own work and catch/correct typos in the work of others, ensuring our work is flawless
- 2-4 years of experience writing copy within a design studio, startup, ad agency or in-house team
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply