Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Copywriter (Arabic speaking)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create a better future. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive ideas, services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, AKQA Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
AKQA Arabic Copywriters play an essential role in the conception, evaluation, and translation of beautiful ideas, products, and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. An Arabic Copywriter at AKQA approaches every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Copywriter will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable, crafting exceptional copy and storytelling through traditional Arabic text and regional dialects.
As an Arabic Copywriter based in Saudi Arabia, you will have the opportunity to partner with ambitious local, regional and global teams as well as clients in one of the world’s most innovative regions. Your role will be particularly essential in crafting work together with English-speaking colleagues that resonates both within the Kingdom, as well as with global audiences.
You will work closely with a growing, meritocratic team of talented individuals based both locally and across the MENA region. There will be the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced environment, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we’re committed to your growth, as well as your wellbeing.
- Craft beautiful constructed Arabic copy for a variety of clients and dialects across markets that conveys ideas in modern standard Arabic and Saudi first dialect.
- Work across a wide range of copy tasks in a variety of mediums including short and long form assignments for online and offline channels.
- Be an active voice in brainstorming sessions and present ideas and work internally and to clients.
- Collaborate with other team members to generate new ideas and build upon existing ideas.
- Conduct thoughtful regional research related to client needs and the creative brief.
- Generate and communicate the rationale behind Arabic copy ideas and execution.
- Ask questions to clarify priorities and navigate ambiguity.
- Produce Arabic copy that is grammatically correct and error free.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality Arabic copywriting.
- Proven creative success working in collaborative, multi-functional teams.
- 3+ years of experience writing creative copy and conceptualizing ideas.
- Fluent in Arabic, both written and spoken. Fluent spoken English is required.
- Previous experience in Saudi Arabia and/or the MENA region required.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply