Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Copywriter (English speaking)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create a better future. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive ideas, services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, AKQA Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Copywriters play an essential role in the conception and translation of beautiful ideas, products, and service. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. A Copywriter at AKQA approaches every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Copywriter will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable, crafting exceptional copy and storytelling through traditional Arabic text and regional dialects.
As a Copywriter based in Saudi Arabia, you will have the opportunity to partner with ambitious local, regional and global teams as well as clients in one of the world’s most innovative regions. Your role will be particularly essential in crafting work together with Arabic-speaking colleagues that resonates both within the Kingdom, as well as with global audiences.
You will work closely with a growing, meritocratic team of talented individuals based both locally and across the MENA region. There will be the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced environment, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we’re committed to your growth, as well as your wellbeing.
- Deliver and inspire award-winning work from both yourself and others who work with you, influencing where appropriate a dramatic change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Create and write for a variety of creative products including web, video, content and social.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high quality work to clients on time.
- Collaborate closely with art directors, designers, and/or creative directors, as well as ux and content strategy, to get to the heart of the big idea, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Work with the wider AKQA such as developers, project managers, strategy and client services to launch innovative digital, mobile, website, print, broadcast, video and traditional branded product experiences.
- High level internal and external client satisfaction.
- High level of team satisfaction.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in a number of pitches and client presentations. Present your work to internal stakeholders and justify your decisions confidently to clients.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong conceptual thinker who crafts compelling, beautifully constructed copy for a variety of clients.
- Previous copywriting experience, preferably with a content or social media focus in an ad agency or client marketing group.
- 3+ years of experience writing creative copy and conceptualizing ideas.
- A portfolio of captivating copy, smart headlines and innovative, compelling, content for a range of brands, products and services.
- Experience creating and writing for digital video, mobile content and social activations.
- A curious personality with a natural ability to uncover insights in the world that drive sharp, compelling concepts.
- Work comfortably across a wide range of copy tasks.
- Has an active voice in brainstorming sessions and shows a willingness to present work.
- Conducts thoughtful regional research and can effectively communicate the rationale behind copy ideas and execution.
- Asks questions to clarify priorities and navigate ambiguity.
- Is open to, and able to build upon, ideas from other team members and clients.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Fluency in Arabic a big plus.
- Previous experience in Saudi Arabia and/or the MENA region a big plus.A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality English copywriting.
- Proven creative success working in collaborative, multi-functional teams.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.