Washington D.C., United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Through our internship program you will have the opportunity to work alongside multidisciplinary teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. We’re looking for critical thinkers, natural problem solvers, and insatiable consumers of new ideas and information. You’re someone who loves a challenge and finds simple solutions to complex problems. You can find a way to add value to any situation and identify ways to make ideas better. You’re a strong communicator and storyteller, both in written and verbal form. And you’re passionate about our mission of creating the future with our clients.
As an intern, you will be an integrated part of the Copywriting team, working closely with leads across multiple accounts. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables such as, but not limited to:
- Assisting team members from all departments and external vendors in bringing a creative vision to life
- Concepting with a multidisciplinary team to develop ideas that show an understanding of the target’s needs or mindset.
- Writing captivating copy that meets the given brief whether it’s a brand manifesto, long-form copy, or compelling calls-to-action
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Desire to apply your writing chops to product and service concepts in addition to marketing briefs
- Familiarity with and interest in technology
- Insatiable curiosity always asking questions and looking for new angles
- Ability to contribute to concepting, idea generation, and refinement in a meaningful way
- Ability to judge creative ideas for their distinctiveness and effectiveness
This is a paid 10-week summer internship. Interns may have an opportunity to convert to a permanent position based on a successful internship experience as well as the successful completion of degree requirements. The ability to convert to a permanent position is contingent upon business needs at the time of eligibility.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.