Los Angeles, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our beach-front location in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant cities in the world.
As a Creative Director at AKQA you will apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create, and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, AKQA Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight and engage consumers, while delivering impressive results for our clients global brands in entertainment, technology, fashion, retail and more. As a Creative Director in the L.A. studio, you will lead a multi-discipline creative team across client engagement. Your work will be world-class and will define the relationship on the account you run. You will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, you will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
- A hands-on approach to the work
- The ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Encourage progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Encourage state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Provide creative leadership, inspiring a culture of creativity, across the account and department
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Broad cultural reference points
- Fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.