New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creative Directors at AKQA inspire and lead a creative team to make a difference to consumers’ behavior by influencing change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. Your role is to make a difference to digital communications, marketing and advertising, and to inspire the best global brands.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Directs the effort to develop creative concepts and implementations in a cross-disciplinary manner
- Works with planners and strategists to establish strategic and creative approaches for a given assignment
- Sets creative direction and strategic guidance throughout the duration of client team projects
- Displays a cohesive understanding, and Ability to execute Innovative and Effective Design
- Continually develops and inspires colleagues to innovate and harness new ways of thinking
- Acts as a Career Manager, guiding creatives of all levels within AKQA, including regular one-on-one check-in’s, writing and delivering annual performance reviews and takes responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding him/her through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Works in conjunction with the Client Services team to actively build a strong relationship with a given client
- Contributes significantly in growing breadth of business with existing clients
- Creatively leads new business pitches, while acting as the person responsible for the ideas and the creative work and articulating a compelling story
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience working with a focus on design
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing an extensive understanding of all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, user experience, copy, and motion)
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental
- Thought leadership; a strong point of view; ability to contribute to strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
- A strong ability and experience in leading, directing and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply