San Francisco, United States
Creative Director - California
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, stories, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we combine the designing of digital services and applications, with the storytelling of brands, in a way that captures the audience’s imagination, and delivers impressive returns for our clients.
Creative Directors at AKQA inspire and lead our creative teams to deliver world-class work. From concept through craft, they ensure we are making a difference to consumers’ behavior, with a focus on unexpected creativity and the innovative use of various media.
Our presence in California is a combination of the product and design-centric culture of the Bay Area’s tech scene, with the entertainment and lifestyle landscape of Los Angeles. Together our SF and LA studios give staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-renowned brands, in two of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we create experiences, applications and stories for Facebook, Netflix, Uber, IBM, Levi’s, Unicef and more.
Our California studios are uniquely diverse in their resident skillsets, enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of creative solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development.
- Is a beacon for creative excellence; ensuring that we always deliver world-class creative work.
- Directs the effort to develop creative concepts and implementations in a cross-disciplinary manner
- Works with planners and strategists to establish strategic and creative approaches for a given assignment
- Sets creative direction and strategic guidance throughout the duration of client team projects
- Displays a cohesive understanding, and Ability to execute innovative and effective creative
- Continually develops and inspires colleagues to innovate and harness new ways of thinking
- Can operate as both a hands-off leader, as well as a hands-on team-member, depending on what the situation requires.
- Acts as a Career Manager, guiding creatives of all levels within AKQA, including regular one-on-one check-in’s, writing and delivering annual performance reviews and takes responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding him/her through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Works in conjunction with the Client Services team to actively build a strong relationship with a given client
- Contributes significantly in growing breadth of business with existing clients
- Creatively leads new business pitches, while acting as the person responsible for the ideas and the creative work and articulating a compelling story
- Fosters a culture of proactivity and resourcefulness
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 10 years experience in an agency environment, or relevant creative field
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing an extensive understanding of all creative disciplines, with a T-shaped focus on at least one. For example; conceptual art direction, copywriting, graphic design, user experience, film and motion, and more.
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental
- Thought leadership; a strong point of view; ability to contribute to strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
- A strong ability and experience in leading, directing and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply