Creative Director (German speaking)
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The Creative Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Creative Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create ground-breaking work that positively impacts our clients, our teams and the world.
- Build strong relationships with our client, instil confidence from them in our creative teams, and lead them on the journey towards buying brave, challenging work
- Work closely with the strategy teams to shape briefs that empower our teams to deliver work that pushes our client's brand to the forefront of their global audience's minds
- Lead and mentor our young, talented and hungry creative teams in delivering innovative, impactful campaign work
- Foster and line-manage creatives that are eager to grow their craft in art direction, copywriting, or design
- Lead, direct and manage cross-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to AKQA to ensure that the end result achieves the high ambitions expected of AKQA from our clients.
- Have a robust understanding on how new technologies can further our client's quest for their audience's attention
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Be able to demonstrate thought leadership, and demonstrate instances where they led a client through the unknown into a present where their brand was in a demonstrably stronger place
- Have a compelling portfolio of globally recognised campaign work that had an impact on the client's business—work solely produced for award shows will not be considered
- Have a background in, and the ability to demonstrate their craft in art direction, copywriting, or both disciplines
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and interdepartmental
- Have exceptional presentation skills, and experience in presenting to C-suite clients
- Be fearless, have an infinite reserve of creativity, and be relentlessly attentive to detail
- Have experience working in the German language and German language markets (DACH).
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply