Creative Resource Manager
As Creative Resource Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the resource pool so that it is continuously adjusted and shaped to meet both current and predicted future client needs, while meeting commercial targets of high resource utilization and a cost-effective resource pool.
The Creative Resource Manager will work closely with account and department leads to understand current and future client resource needs, as well as project deadlines and priorities. They will be a key point of contact for all senior managers and the Executive Management team for any matter relating to resource management.
You’ll deliver a high level of service across your area and work closely with the rest of the Client Services and Delivery, Creative, HR, Recruitment and Finance teams to ensure a seamless holistic core services experience for employees.
- Provide leadership, inspiration and positively influence others
- Empower team members and encourage responsibility and accountability
- Foster a culture of proactivity, passion, and energy for client’s businesses
- Ensure AKQA Values are reflected in our work and team
- Embody a culture of continuous improvement, embracing diversity and inclusion
- Celebrate successes
- Be the point of contact for all resource requests
- Input data from trackers/resource plans into our resource system
- Facilitate weekly resource meetings to ensure the work is appropriately resourced
- Resolve resource conflicts through weekly wips / department check-ins
- Liaise with Client Services & Department Leads to ensure smooth running of projects and on-time delivery
- Communicate clearly with the team on the status of their bookings
- Maintain accurate resourcing data, including all leave and public holidays
- Maintain a forecast of resource requirements for projects over the coming months, working with Client Services
- Monitor weekly/monthly utilization data, providing insights to senior management to inform staffing
- Provide weekly utilization reporting to wider team, working to increase overall utilization & billability
- Match resource requests to skill sets for optimal use of resources, being aware of the current skills and career aspirations of team members.
- Maintain skills data and tagging in our resourcing system
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of the company’s departments and services
- Produce and maintain documentation on our resource process and systems
- On board new studio team members to our Resource management system
- Follow up completion of timesheets on a weekly basis
- Identify freelance requirements. Liaise with HR and Department Leads to validate the needs. Get approval before engaging freelancers.
- Manage their start and end dates, and proactively work with the team to ensure they are utilized on billable work
- Manage freelance onboarding, working with Discipline leads/PMs to make sure they are ready to induct / brief
- Maintain Freelancer tracking sheet, and manage monthly freelance costs
- Provide freelance costs and insights to senior management
- Manage the process of POs on Maconomy
- Effectively communicate internally & with the finance team to approve freelance invoices against timesheets
- Manage and purchase office supplies and AKQA assets on behalf of the studio
- Effectively communicate internally & with the finance team to coordinate vendor payments, invoices, and expenses.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply