San Francisco, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Creative Technologist combines both creative and technical skills to design and deliver interactive experiences, working with Art Directors and cross-functional teams on high-impact projects that serve various lines of our business. We use the latest technologies to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of cross-functional teams, we bring together design, experience, and technology to deliver interactive experiences alongside a world-class group of creatives.
- The Creative Technologist is responsible for driving innovation that enhances and enlivens our customer facing marketing efforts
- Help design, prototype, and build interactive experiences which surprise and delight, while pushing the limits of design and technology
- This is a highly collaborative environment, and the Creative Technologist can expect to work alongside a diverse team of technical and creative individuals on interactive projects utilizing a combination of emerging technologies, potentially pushing comfort zone
- Responsible for developing interactive prototypes in order to conceptualize and develop innovative approaches
- Role will involve researching and developing new ideas and techniques as well as coordinating the pixel-perfect implementation of experience design
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years of experience working in creative/R&D/agency environments
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with design/development disciplines (Web/WebGL, 3D, AR/VR)
- Experience with WebGL development (three.js)
- Ability to craft and communicate thoughtful user experiences
- Experience with Computer Graphics (Metal/OpenGL/WebGL)
- Experience with Unity/Unreal and AR/VR development is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Motion graphics and 3D software (After Effects, Maya, Blender) skills a plus
- Strong commitment to explore and learn new technologies
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral skills
- Ability to collaborate, multitask, and work within deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a creative and dynamic work environment
- BA/BFA/BS in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Digital Media or equivalent industry experience
Please note: This is a 6-month freelance position. No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Remote work is currently offered but candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply