Auckland, New Zealand
Data and Analytics Lead
Analytics is one of AKQA’s fastest-growing disciplines; with executive support, a global team, ambitious data expansion plans, and broad capabilities—including user-experience insight and applied machine learning. Our clients are building the future of their businesses, and more than ever, data is at the heart of creating this new reality.
As the Data and Analytics Lead, you’ll be responsible for defining, architecting and building data and analytics products/solutions for AKQA’s clients to drive insight & inform decision making. Leading the data and analytics team you will be responsible for delivering actionable insights to drive optimised digital experiences and customer outcomes. You will be responsible for understanding key business and customer problems and opportunities related to data types (first, second and third party); and designing solutions to meet those. You will help establish AKQA as leaders in the creation and deployment of data-driven insight, powered by data science.
Located in Auckland, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Connect business challenges with data solutions for our clients, finding valuable insights through data analysis.
- Overall responsibility for defining & executing data and analytics strategies, solutions and continuous improvement programmes.
- Develop long term analytics and data capabilities, ensuring AKQA is positioned to best support the needs of our evolving business and client needs.
- Work with engineering teams to design and implement robust data pipelines – ideally in Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory and/or AWS Glue.
- Enable insightful decision making from complex and varied data sources.
- Translate business needs and customer problems into data and analytical solutions to deliver compelling insights that solve customer problems and enhance product capability.
- Drive the vision and growth of the AKQA data practice.
- Mentor the team and enhance the growth and reputation of AKQA.
- Deliver high client satisfaction via exemplary relationships and stakeholder engagement.
- Facilitate new business growth for AKQA through analytics solutions and insights generation.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong ability to understand business strategy and commercial/statistical modelling.
- Strong ability to design and build dashboards (PowerBI, Tableau, GDS) and proficiency in visualising data insights.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft tech stacks including Databricks, Azure Synapse and Data Lake Storage.
- Experience in managing structured, unstructured or semi structured data; developing data lakes, data warehousing schemas, data cleansing processes and data migration.
- Build and leverage data and analytics capabilities: AI and ML.
- Experience with core MarTech data analytics tools such as SQL Databases and Web Analytics Platforms (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics).
- Have a background across data architecture, data transformation, data storage, data storytelling, analysis, activation and visualisation.
- Production experience with A/B testing software such as Optimizely, Google Optimise, Adobe Target and/or VWO.
- Excellent communication skills, both externally facing, to build understanding and rapport with customers, and internally facing to communicate product vision and inspire teams.
- Be comfortable being “on the tools” while still mentoring a team.
- Have worked in formal project management environments, including Agile/SCRUM.
- Experience in driving a culture of data literacy.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to our ability to provide clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply