Data Developer (R&D)
At AKQA, we have a culture of solving problems and pushing the boundaries of technology through the application of emerging research. With a broad set of skills and experience, our Research & Development team are experts in connecting industry with academia and bringing new technologies and capabilities to our clients. Ever outside our comfort zone, we're always learning and challenging ourselves, paving new pathways for growth for our clients and for AKQA itself.
As a Data Developer, you'll play an integral role in our R&D team, inspiring with ideas and ensuring the data solutions we create are efficient, reliable and meaningful. You'll help build scalable data engineering and machine learning solutions, owning data projects from end-to-end. To do this, you should be a T-shaped individual - your technical expertise in data engineering and development coupled with a broad set of intermediate technical and non-technical skills.
At AKQA Melbourne, you'll work in a creative, collaborative, results-driven culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. Your work will span sectors including retail, finance, government and NGOs. You’ll undertake projects that can range from pushing the boundaries of data architectures or XR and IoT technologies to helping some of the biggest names in retail operationalise their data to realise millions in incremental revenue. You'll have the opportunity to learn and grow, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we're committed to your career growth, as well as your work/life balance.
- Provide expertise on data engineering to internal and external stakeholders
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL processing, cleanup and modelling data
- Work with AI researchers to train and deploy machine learning models at scale
- Work with full-stack developers to develop business intelligence tools, front end interfaces and other data-driven software deployments
- Maintain data pipelines to power ML tools, models and dashboards
- Design and develop real time streaming and batch processing pipeline solutions
- Solve defined problems within a set of constraints, attempting multiple approaches if initial solution unsuccessful or suboptimal
- Continuously evolve our offering and the value it brings to our clients
- Present concepts to key stakeholders, including clients where applicable
- Manage relationships with data analytics counterparts on client team
- Support business development activities throughout AKQA
IDEAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
(NOTE: No specific educational or working background is mandatory)
- Excellent working knowledge of Python and SQL
- Strong experience with wide range of computing services offered on modern cloud platforms (preference for Azure & Google Cloud)
- Strong working experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Practical knowledge of statistics and data analysis
- Working experience supporting deployment of ML models and implementation of pipelines for AutoML
- [Preferred] Familiar with tools for distributed computing (i.e. Spark, Hadoop, etc) and GPU acceleration (i.e. CUDA)
- [Preferred] Familiarity with (or willingness to learn) data visualisation tools such as Tableau
- [Preferred] Familiarity with other key data languages and libraries such as Scala, Pandas, Matplotlib, Go
- [Preferred] Experience working with data owners at large institutions or companies
- Active listener who takes direction well and works collaboratively with team
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Seeks inspiration everywhere, not just online
- Most of all, the ideal candidate must have a love of learning, eager to keep track of and trial new developments in their field as well as pick up new skills beyond
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.