At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Within AKQA, we view Data as an integral part of our mission to deliver value for our clients and create positive impact for their customers. As part of a multi-disciplinary approach to problem-solving, our team provides a wide range of capabilities including measurement strategies, user experience analytics, consumer research, and applied data science.
The Data Director is a strategic partner to our clients and agency leaders. As a leader of the Data practice across our European studios, this role takes charge of key accounts, defines the vision and roadmap for our clients, and successfully grows our team and scope in partnership with our Executive Director.
This role offers the chance to shine on world-class clients, impact experiences that touch millions, and grow a significant book of business with direct responsibility.
AKQA EMEA is a diverse and exciting group of studios located across Continental Europe, Africa and The Middle East. The Data Director works with a team based in Paris, Amsterdam, Denmark, Italy, Berlin, Cairo, South Africa & Dubai .
This role is a regional position, and can be based in Paris, Amsterdam or Johannesburg.
- Develop scopes of work for a variety of data projects, including strategic data consulting engagements, prioritised roadmaps, deep-dive insight reports, interactive business intelligence dashboards and fully personalised customer journey projects.
- Build and lead high performing teams across multiple locations that meet clients and business needs, this includes supporting recruitment activities, including developing hiring plans and job specs, shortlisting candidates, running interviews, etc.
- Input into the development of, and help drive the execution/implementation of, the Data team strategic direction, product & service offering, operating model and roadmap.
- Develop and spearhead a clear vision of the role of data and analytics in business today, with a particular emphasis on how marketing data and customer insights can impact brands and their business units.
- Be an expert in the field of marketing analytics, both internally and externally, who knows the role of measurement in all key channels and customer experiences.
- Work alongside and leverage key vendors, systems, and methodologies appropriate to key channels.
- Drive sophisticated customer analytics projects such as customer segmentation, clustering, propensity modelling, response modelling.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 9+ years of data experience required, with emphasis on digital marketing and global brand data strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize this vision to their team, our clients, and the wider organization.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, able to manage people across multiple studios remotely.
- Proficient in the general application techniques in marketing via classic CRM channels to more sophisticated ecosystems.
- Organized, professional, proactive, clear & concise communication style, & high cultural awareness.
- Track record of nurturing and mentoring junior through to senior team members.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with senior clients are essential.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply