Delivery & Operations Director
The Delivery & Operations Director at AKQA is a core member of the Tokyon leadership team. They are responsible for Tokyo's operational performance (Margin, SCR, Utilisation) and the evolution of a world class delivery model, including the on-time, on-budget delivery. They are highly influential on how the studios are run, how we are performing and how we are reporting on key metrics. They will complement the leadership team with best practice procedures and ways of working for best in class, high quality, efficient delivery and operations.
They are responsible for maturing and improving business processes and frameworks across Tokyo, including project management practices, studio workflows, risk mitigation and contract negotiation. They will monitor and advise the management team of risks and drive process improvement to address.
The Delivery & Operations Director leads the Delivery team and partners with the Client Services team, ensuring effective collaboration with Client Partners to deliver outstanding work on time, on budget and to the highest quality creative and technical standards. The D & OD is ultimately accountable for AKQA’s operational performance and our reputation to deliver.
- Leadership and vision setting across Delivery & Operations
- Develops team members and inspires a sense of support and direction
- Ensures congruence of teams and leadership (in line with business strategy)
- Driving effective collaboration and consistency across delivery teams
- Ensures the business values are reflected in the work we do
- Embodies a culture of continuous improvement
- Assist leadership team in developing, executing and communicating the business vision, mission and goals
- Share and lead best practices across the delivery leadership team
- Sets and evolves standards around delivery methodologies, project definitions, scope management, risk management etc.
- Ensure work is delivered profitability, and on time.
- Responsible for commercial standards with SoWs
- Monitors the delivery and output of projects, and advises on risks and improvement across the delivery portfolio in AU.
- Partner with Client Service team on strategic engagements / proposals to ensure work is estimated and executed accurately
- Partner with Discipline leaders to ensure the quality of work is of the highest standard
- Oversee new business estimates and delivery approaches to ensure equitable agreements
- Standardized ways of working, templates and reporting
- Working with finance to ensure financial management practices are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring the agency is correctly staffed to deliver great work.
- Responsible for achieving healthy staff costs and staff cost ratio
- Actively lead initiatives to improve / manage healthy margin
- Working with Traffic, to ensure we’re optimized prior to approving freelance costs
- Highlight areas and drive change for increased efficiencies across the business
- Responsible for delivery team
- Responsible for Traffic Manager
- Regular meetings with reports, ensuring they are happy, aware of their progress, and are challenged in their roles.
- Delivery team member career development
- Be known as the SME in your field of Delivery
- Identify and engage in business opportunities with new or existing clients
- Supports Business Development efforts through appropriately and accurately structured responses (either directly or by delegating)
- Client presentations as required
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply