Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As a Design Apprentice at AKQA, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering from brief to end user.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Through our apprenticeship program, you will be an integrated part of the Design Team, assisting it across a mix of branding, digital and experience design. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables, that may include:
- Contribute individually and participate in cross-functional teams
- Organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Work under the supervision of the Design Director & Senior Designer across a wide range of clients and projects for some of the biggest brands in the world
- Learn about day to day working in a creative agency, through the exposure to client and agency dynamics
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong design skills across typography, brand, digital and conceptual design
- Confident using Figma
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite will be a big plus
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Positive team player with a willingness to listen and learn
- Confident speaking in English
- Passionate about all areas of design
- An eagerness to get involved, learn and to come up with fresh ideas
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
EU working rights are required. Either through a EU Citizenship or Study Programme in the Netherlands.
This is a 5 days a week apprenticeship for a duration between 6 and 12 months, starting in June 2022.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply