San Francisco, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients. The Design Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Design Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. The Design Director at AKQA, you will lead a design team across a client engagement to create exceptional work.
- A hands-on approach to the work
- Experience delivering mobile, responsive, and systematic designs
- The ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent
- Ensure a collaborative “one team” approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Encourage progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Encourage state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Broad cultural reference points
- Fearlessly, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.