Atlanta, United States
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As a Design Intern at AKQA, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering from brief to end user.
From our midtown location in the heart of Atlanta, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most thriving cities.
The Summer Internship Program is a paid program that will run from June through the end of July. In addition to integrating into our client teams, you will work with your internship class to take on a challenging assignment as a team. Throughout the summer together, you will define, structure, and manage this assignment from concept to execution, and have the opportunity to present your ideas to the agency.
Through our internship program, you will be an integrated part of the Creative team and have the opportunity to join multidisciplinary project teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables that may include:
• Assist mid- to senior-level Designers by implementing primary design direction and incorporating best design and technology practices to the work
• Conduct searches of potential resources for photography and illustration assignments
• Learn the AKQA process for translating information architecture and schematics into design while evolving design principles, standards, and best practices
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• An excellent portfolio
• Exceptional design aesthetic, craftsmanship, and typography skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Demonstrated execution of innovative and effective digital communications and interface design across platforms
• Proficiency in the most recent Creative Suite is mandatory
• Experience with Sketch and/or Motion are desired, but not required
• Completing a Bachelors or Masters degree program
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.