Washington D.C., United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Through our internship program you will have the opportunity to work alongside multidisciplinary teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. We’re looking for critical thinkers, natural problem solvers, and insatiable consumers of new ideas and information. You’re someone who loves a challenge and finds simple solutions to complex problems. You can find a way to add value to any situation and identify ways to make ideas better. You’re a strong communicator and storyteller, both in written and verbal form. And you’re passionate about our mission of creating the future with our clients.
As an intern, you will be an integrated part of the Design team, working closely with leads across multiple accounts. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables such as, but not limited to:
- Assisting mid- to senior-level Designers by implementing primary design direction and incorporating best design and technology practices to the work
- Conducting searches of potential resources for photography and illustration assignments
- Learning the AKQA process for translating information architecture and schematics into design while evolving design principles, standards, and best practices
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An excellent portfolio
- Extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrated execution of innovative and effective digital communications and interface design across platforms
- Exceptional design aesthetic, craftsmanship, and typography skills
- Proficiency in the most recent Creative Suite is mandatory
- Experience with Sketch and/or Motion are desired, but not required
This is a paid 10-week summer internship. Interns may have an opportunity to convert to a permanent position based on a successful internship experience as well as the successful completion of degree requirements. The ability to convert to a permanent position is contingent upon business needs at the time of eligibility.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.