Portland, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Designers at AKQA PDX push against the boundaries of the brief, define the visual core of entertainment brands, create heat around legendary sneaker franchises, and craft the look of innovative brands in media that didn’t exist two years ago.
The studio is searching for a hands-on designer and content creator that can roll with the ebb and flow that comes with creating stories for ongoing social programs. A tinkerer with a hybrid experimental bent towards diverse means of expression—whether that be via design, illustration, lettering, typography, photography, or GIFcraft.
*Remote work is possible, as long as you are able to work on Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Work closely with a writer and creative director to define the message
- Define the visual center of each new initiative in a freeform creative environment
- Demonstrate understanding of the rules of color, typography, grid, shape, pattern, balance
- Have enough taste to know how to break those rules when necessary
- Organize and pace the execution of each new brief to give proper attention to the creative process
- Present your work and justify your decisions confidently to clients
- Bring your whole self to work
- Mix personal interest and experimentation with the stated challenge
- Problem-solve your way around obstacles, seeing each pivot as an opportunity to add something new
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 2-6 years of design experience, preferably with a content and/or social media focus
- Work in Adobe, Figma, and Invision
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply