At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Designers at AKQA apply artistry, craftsmanship and thought to create digital experiences, products and services that move the world. Skilled visual storytellers, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. Combining visual panache with a taste for emerging technology, our Designers are endlessly curious, push against the boundaries of the brief, and help to build some of the world’s most innovative brands.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- You’re an eclectic and passionate visual designer, with a particular passion for applying your design and art direction vision to digital products, services and experiences as part of a larger team.
- You have great craft skills and an eye for detail. You can already demonstrate excellent interface design and interaction design across different digital platforms.
- You can work with and construct robust design systems using Figma, create click-dummy prototypes, interaction prototypes using software such as Principle, ProtoPie or similar, as well as collaborate with development teams.
- You’re interested in how humans use technology, following trends in emerging technologies and platforms.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio.
- You have least three years’ experience in graphic design/visual design, preferably with focus in digital product and service design – this experience could be client-side or agency-side.
- You have an exceptional design aesthetic, with awareness of design trends and innovation.
- You understand the technical possibilities and limitations of web and product development.
- You are rigorously user-centred in your thinking and design process, employing techniques like guerrilla testing in order to gain insights to create products people will love.
- If you can illustrate, it would be a bonus.
- You have strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- You are proficient with Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other design programs.
- You have a professional, articulate, and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship-building.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.