London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we blend the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
Designers at AKQA are the visual visionaries of culture for our clients. An artistic bunch of thinkers, innovative problem solvers, we partner in creating a better future, faster, for our clients across the entire brand experience.
As a Designer of the AKQA Creative Department, you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best global brands. You will bring exceptional creative thought to AKQA, delivering projects from brief to consumer in partnership with the Client, Technology and Creative teams.
- Deliver and inspire award-winning work from your team, influencing change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Consistently deliver high quality work on time.
- High level internal and external client and team satisfaction.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of both digital design developments and social media trends and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Contributes actively to briefs, as listening, responding, challenging, and questioning them.
- Brainstorming and generating ideas with senior members of the creative department to conceptualize world-class, innovative ideas, that deliver successful solutions.
- Clearly communicates ideas and thoughts.
- Demonstrates excellent execution of innovative and effective digital communications, interface design ad interaction design experiences across different digital platforms.
- Responsible for asset management, collation and archiving.
- Provides assistance to ensure delivery of highest work within requires timeframes.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Contributing to AKQA’s founding values: Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought, you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Proven experience working as a Designer is required, including experience in web design.
- Experience working in a creative/agency environment with clients in the sports/gaming/youth culture industry
- Experience working with the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and prototyping tools.
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or another design-related field is preferred.
- Experience of working on comms based projects such a social campaigns and microsites
- Proven experience with typography.
- Ability to balance specific client demands with project realities.
- Ability to retouch images and have a great eye for photography.
- Experience of working across film, still and interactive campaigns.
- Knowledge of latest social media trends/capability.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.