New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
- Supports senior-level Designers by implementing primary design direction and incorporating the best design and technology practices to provide cohesive support of overall creative strategies.
- Develops a professional, articulate, and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship-building. Proactively researches and pursues ideas for professional development. Seeks out creative mentorship when required.
- Creative craft skills. Demonstrates competent execution of innovative and effective digital communications and interface design across different digital platforms; proficient in the most up-to-date design programs.
- Idea generation. Capable of playing an active role in brainstorming and idea generation with senior members of the creative department to conceptualize world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Clearly communicates ideas and thoughts.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An excellent portfolio.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in graphic design and/or advertising; digital and/or traditional sector.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design from a four-year university or a two-year portfolio school.
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation.
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other design programs.
- Solid typography skills.
- The ability to use the latest animation programs is a huge plus.
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development.
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply