Washington DC, United States
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients.
Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Possesses a solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Performs brand materials review and design system audits for current state assessment and identifies areas of opportunity
- Independently solves complex problems through use of existing brand and design guidelines while supporting their evolution with new ideas
- Generates campaign, product, or service ideas derived from unique insights rooted in customer data
- Competent working in a variety of styles and demonstrates a discerning eye toward trend in establishing design directions or executions
- Iteratively develops experience flows, prototypes, story boards, and client presentations for precise communication of design direction and quality assurance
- Capable of developing ideas from an objective point of view based on research and strategic insights, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
- Proactively seeks to produce best-in-class solutions against requirements and technical constraints and independently builds and guides the creation of prototypes to be validated by leadership and testing
- Able to contribute to thought leadership activities within the discipline and work with team members to continuously set new standards for Design activities, deliverables, and agency processes
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing product and service design as well as storytelling that demonstrates experience leading or executing the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including responsive web, mobile applications, and touch-based interfaces
- You have experience maintaining and creating design systems and are proficient with the use of Figma
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills with a passion for documenting your work to ensure clear client hand-off and quality assurance
- You are able to assist and guide other Designers in their work
- You foster innovation and progressive, limitless thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.