Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Designers play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Located in Gothenburg, Sweden, as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in a progressive environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Deliver and inspire award-winning work from both yourself and others who work with you, influencing where appropriate a dramatic change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, developers, designers, art directors, producers and product managers to build digital applications.
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Actively being part of - as well as inspiring others to contribute - the always improving ways of working in the design craft.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Technically minded, interested in code as the material digital products are made of.
- Familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly.
- Experience developing custom creative tooling for internal or external audiences.
- Think of interfaces as dynamic and love thinking about motion and flowsYou are intimately familiar with the capabilities and constraints of several of todays and tomorrow’s digital devices and platforms.
- Value inclusive design and accessibility and don’t believe it has to mean compromising aesthetics.
- Have a user- and data-focused design mentality.
- Constantly looking to hone your team's instincts through user feedback and data insight.
- Understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- A thoughtful designer and problem solver who questions the status quo and strives for improvement.
- Strong communication skills