Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Designers at AKQA approach every brief with fresh eyes and insight, from which they form original ideas and expressions. Through every moment of the creative process they are passionate and thoughtful about their craft.
Based in DC, our teams work across a broad range of clients in design, strategy, analytics, product management, content, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of brand-centric integrated campaign work.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates strong brand visuals and applications of logo, typography, colors and visual design system
- Exhibits the ability to produce compelling ideas and develop them into tangible design solutions across digital, experiential, real-world mediums and more
- Experience in the branding and rebranding space, rooted in strategic and conceptual ideation process
- Inspires and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- Communicates and represents design vision clearly to creative and internal stakeholders
- Collaborates with the client and various teams within AKQA
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the creative industry
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing a comprehensive understanding of the creative process, including how both conceptual and executional skills contribute to a finished project
- Strong communication skills and are able to collaborate with their creative team and across disciplines
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, bringing creative concepts and branding to life from brief to delivery
- Experience in collaborating effectively with creatives who are both senior and junior to them
- Strong communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and interdepartmental
- Superb professionalism and mature presence in all aspects of the job
- Enthusiasm, passion and on-going curiosity
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply