Atlanta, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Designer at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes and come up with interesting, unexpected design ideas and flawless, detail-oriented executions of those ideas. They are passionate and thoughtful about the creative work they contribute to, from the beginning of the conceptual phase to the final execution and delivery. They also display strong communication skills and are able to collaborate with their creative team and across disciplines.
Based in Midtown Atlanta, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in strategy, analytics, product management, content, design, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of digital products and services.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- Understands the ask in a given brief and conceptualizes unexpected ideas that meet and exceed it.
- Exhibits the ability to produce compelling ideas and develop them into tangible design solutions across digital, experiential, real-world mediums and more.
- Experience in the branding space, with the ability to translate branding systems to integrated mediums.
- Strong leadership skills within the design team, and the ability to take direction from Art Directors and translate it in a way that inspires junior designers.
- Communicates and represents design vision clearly to creative and internal stakeholders.
- Brings unique inspiration and new ways of thinking to the creative team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the creative industry
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing a comprehensive understanding of how all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional contribute to a finished project.
- A solid understanding of the branding and marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, bringing creative concepts and branding to life from brief to delivery.
- Experience in collaborating effectively with creatives who are both senior and junior to them.
- Strong communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and interdepartmental
- Superb professionalism and mature presence in all aspects of the job
- Enthusiasm, passion and on-going curiosity.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.