London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination.
From inspiration to implementation, AKQA has an unmatched reputation for influential work. Honoured as a Best Workplace for Innovators by Fast Company and recognised as a Great Place to Work, we have 29 international studios and are consistently among the world’s most awarded agencies. AKQA is trusted to collaborate with many of the world’s most respected organisations, families, and institutions.
As a Designer working on projects with the Marketing and PR team, you will work in close collaboration with the Marketing Director and Chief Marketing Officer to create a range of considered and bespoke assets for our channels whilst managing the entire AKQA brand. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, an impeccable design aesthetic, a demonstrated understanding of short form visual storytelling within the digital landscape, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Consistently deliver high quality work on time
- Provide motion and graphic design for a wide range of visual communication
- High level internal and external client and team satisfaction
- Contribute actively to briefs, listening and responding
- Generating ideas with senior members of the Creative and Marketing department to tell the story of world-class, innovative ideas
- Clearly communicate ideas and thoughts
- Responsible for asset management, collation, and archiving
- Aid the wider team to ensure delivery of highest work within requires timeframes
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proficient in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, hierarchy, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity
- Sketch/ Figma, Photoshop, After Effects, 3D software and Premier expertise, including intelligently organising files for design iteration and web production
- Ability to balance specific client demands with project realities
- Strong sense of personal responsibility for their work and their teammates
- Create original designs that align to project goals, creative direction, fluid templates, and standards
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent
- Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimised files and presentation materials
- Be accountable for the project deliverables and manage the quality of all design deliverables to ensure they meet AKQA standards for creative excellence
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and to deliver quality design at a high volume in a tight timeframe. Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent with a strong work ethic
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply