San Francisco, United States
Designer - Sunnyvale
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Designer working on projects with the Interactive team, you will work in close collaboration with other creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant customer experiences for interactive platforms. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, an impeccable design aesthetic, a demonstrated understanding of long and short form visual story-telling within the interactive landscape, and an exceptional attention to detail.
AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
- Create original designs that align to project goals, creative direction, fluid templates, and standards
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and presentation materials
- Present persuasively and clearly articulate design rationale for project creative solutions
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent
- Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proficient in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, hierarchy, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and to deliver quality design at a high volume in a tight timeframe. Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent with a strong work ethic
- Sketch and Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration and web production
- Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format
- Ability to create simple prototypes that convey preferred states, motion, and behaviors for interactive concepts
- An understanding of front-end web and mobile development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies
- Experience supporting the design of story-driven campaigns across a multitude of medias while elevating the brand
- Ability to distill complex asks into clear, elegant, and focused messaging
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant interactive experience
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite, in Sunnyvale, CA with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply