Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Digital Business Analyst
At AKQA, our Project Management Office sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients maximise their return on investment. Responsible for team performance, they provide team members with the tools, support and training essential to delivering the most effective result possible.
Our Digital Business Analysts are responsible for setting up and leading the requirements process within a project including requirement workshops, writing recommendations, and collecting documentation throughout the project. They work closely with clients, our project management office and our technical development and user experience teams.
At AKQA Melbourne or Sydney, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Identify product requirements based on business and user requirements.
- Define project scope and outline functional and non-functional requirements.
- Trace requirements from identification through to implementation, and challenge client requirements when necessary.
- Demonstrated experience decomposing and writing user stories in collaboration with team members and stakeholders
- Create and manage the product backlog, and work with clients to define appropriate releases.
- Clearly articulate a product’s features, functionality and behaviour.
- Support development teams by providing clarifications to requirements and design
- Understand analysis of the as-is and to-be processes
- Analyse and map business processes, and design ways to improve them.
- Analyse cost versus benefit and assist in development of business cases.
- Develop benefit review plans to map project objectives to benefits and identify measures for project success.
- Understanding of agile ways of working (i.e Scrum)
- Strong understanding of web apps, APIs and microservices architectures
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- End to end experience of the Product lifecycle with experience of testing the developed solution to ensure it meets requirements and expectations
- Previous experience working on e-commerce (B2B / B2C) and Mobile Application projects
- Exposure to payment platforms and processes (preferable)
- Experience in working as part of a cross functional team
- Strong appreciation for user experience and demonstrates clear customer focus
- Ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate in a clear and concise way.
- Strong scope change management skills
- Strong client facing and communication skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities, stakeholders and timelines
- Ability to get answers and find ways around blockers. You’ll be able to do whatever it takes to get the right solution built.
- Flexibility in your approach. There are tons of techniques in the business analysis toolkit, and you should know when to use the right technique.
- Be a fast learner, as you’ll need to quickly pick up new tools, technology and processes.
- Confidence in using tools such as Confluence and Jira for solution documentation
- Experience in the superannuation industry is desirable
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply