Digital Product Design Director
At AKQA product is a mindset not a department. Our multi-disciplinary teams are tasked with transforming traditional brands into digital organisations with vision, experimentation and iteration.
The product minds at AKQA apply data and design with strategic insight to test, pilot and scale customer experiences that move businesses forward. Skilled practitioners of business analytics, product design and technology they work in an agile environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
A Product Design Director at AKQA has a passion for solving complex problems by immersing themselves in our clients' business, seeing solutions through their customers' eyes and leading a team towards designing the right thing in the right way.
As a designer, visionary and systems-level design thinker, you will provide leadership to a team of designers and work in collaboration with product managers, technologists and marketing specialists to deliver enterprise systems, innovative solutions, and convention breaking outcomes.
Your mission is simple, nurture a thriving design culture and product mindset to prioritise impact for clients, champion amazing ideas, make everyone around you a shining star.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam, you will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Co-creating value propositions that translate into an actionable roadmap of features, functionalities and services.
- Knowing what great design is and how to push every person and pixel to achieve it. You’re never finished crafting.
- You look at complex problems, overwhelming possibilities and hair raising expectations and say ‘let me at it!’.
- Championing a data-driven approach to design and applying that to brand and marketing strategies.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with strategy, data, design, content and technology from strategic definition, planning, architecture, through tactical execution of the product roadmaps.
- Growing our product, team, and culture means reflecting and sometimes challenging our practice and approach. You’re open to adapting and growing, so are we.
- Empower the designers to own the design outcome of their product area and drive the vision forward while practicing human centered design. All about the ‘we’, never about the ‘I’.
- Connecting, building, and nurturing senior client relationships to facilitate client change and growth opportunities.
- Be a subject matter expert at the intersection of designing systems, achieving business objectives and creating customer-centric solutions. Evangelize the power of a product mindset across our clients organization and our own.
- Directly manage and inspire a team of ten product designers, provide the guidance and patience to handle a growth spurt and constant change.
- Contribute to the vision of our Amsterdam studio and collaborate with our European network to work on opportunities with no boundaries.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- We love what we do, having fun with a positive and enthusiastic outlook on life is a must!
- A passion for design, creativity and innovation.
- 10+ years of digital/consulting/product experience, or relevant role including enterprise design product/system experience
- Act as a servant leader, empowering teams to develop an agile mindset and reach their potential.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams in an agency environment.
- You have proven ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- You demonstrate an objective-focused and positive approach, comfortable working independently, and self-driven.
- You are entrepreneurial, with a collaborative, team-based approach. Eager to provide insights and receive feedback.
- You possess exceptional communication and organizational skills and ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply