Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Digital Project Manager
At AKQA, our Delivery Discipline sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients maximise their return on investment. Responsible for team performance, they provide team members with the tools, support and training essential to delivering the most effective result possible.
As a Project Manager, you will partner with our existing client base to build award-winning brands and solve business problems creatively. You will be adept at managing a wide array of stakeholders, internal and external, while consistently ensuring that projects meet all scope, time and budget requirements.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance. AKQA has a hybrid working policy which means we support a blend of remote and in office working.
- Successfully deliver projects above with high-quality deliverables, on time and to budget.
- Identify what success looks like for each project, with client agreement, to ensure we achieve that as a team.
- Elicit and document accurate requirements internally or from clients at outset of project.
- Use AKQA systems to effectively create, track, report and monitor overall projects, burn rates and financial progress. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen.
- Author well-crafted Project Status Reports
- Forecast resource requirements across teams and assist Resource Management to plan proactively.
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology or project phase. Document this clearly in the scope of work.
- Work with leads to accurately estimate and agree scope of work according to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed-price, capped time and materials, by project phase).
- Write thorough, considered scopes of work that can act as a contract for your projects. Define and agree the scope of work internally and with client/s and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope.
- Set up, structure and deliver a diverse range of fast-moving projects that are innovation-based, technically and organisationally complex, strategic, digital, and comms focused.
- Manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure best outcome for both client/s and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively.
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders, both verbally and in written formats.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks on a project, focusing on solutions.
- Balance specific client demands with project realities and reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner.
- Present information effectively via multiple channels: at ease presenting in team meetings or to the occasional larger group setting.
- Motivate and generate enthusiasm within the team.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience of delivering full life-cycle projects in a marketing / communications agency or consultancy environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- Experience in digital product design and development and working on digitally led campaigns and with multi discipline teams across UX, Design, Strategy and Engineering
- Experience in applying agile methodologies and leading Scrum ceremonies
- Communicator who gains the confidence of the business and the trust of clients.
- Able to build strong relationships and achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity. Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Possess good business and commercial acumen and sound judgment.
- Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will to drive improvements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Constantly strive to improve AKQA delivery practices, processes and procedures.
- Possess strong sense of personal responsibility for own and team’s work, and will proactively assist to ensure delivery of highest quality work within required timeframes (no matter the situation).
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply