Director of Delivery
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As Delivery Director for the Berlin office you will own delivery across all Berlin accounts; you will lead the project management and production teams, inspiring them to do their best work, and manage the creation of world class products, delivering them on time and budget.
You will be an expert in best-practice project & programme management methodologies in both plan-driven and change-driven environments, commercially minded and a compelling leader, with a passion for delivering innovative solutions.
You will develop an industry-leading Delivery function, ensuring department efficiency and develop interdepartmental processes to ensure quality and timely output - across all 3 areas of our business: Product Design & Development, Venture and Campaign - with an emphasis on first two. You will actively optimise our ways of working for quality and efficiency in complex setups.
You will have > 10 years experience in delivering compelling products and projects with an understanding of what it takes to orchestrate teams of different disciplines (strategy, creative.UX and technology) around a central mission. You will have a strong understanding of modern UX/Design methodologies for delivering such products. You will have experience in managing a highly-efficient team where the morale is high and the energy is positive.
You will play an important part in developing new business opportunities and will constantly look at ways to extend our current clients’ remit.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adapt current and introduce new best-practice project management approaches & processes (tools & techniques) to the specific environments, requirements and constraints of our clients
- Effectively monitor project health, under/overruns and investments. Encourage accountability and collaboration between teams to take ownership and deliver against targets
- Actively identify risks and develop response/mitigation plans
- Provide resolution in case of blockages or deviations from planning baselines
- Foster an environment that will develop our Delivery approach and associated tools/processes
- Lead scoping, estimation, scheduling and costing/pricing exercises of new projects and initiatives
- Manage and participate in successful new business pitches for the Berlin studio
- Negotiate with client procurement management with a strong understanding of legal fundamentals around commercial contracts and procedures
- Perform consistently well against billability and utilisation targets: department (70%), individual (25%)
- Attract, develop and retain great talent
- Nurture a happy team and foster a culture of knowledge-sharing, collaboration and good humour
- Lead by example by being positive, proactive and open
- Deploy team resources appropriately to meet day-to-day challenges, ensuring successful delivery of all projects and the smooth running of the department as a whole
- Identify recruitment needs, consider internal moves and interview all candidates at final interview stage, ensuring only great talent is recruited
- Support individual career development and training initiatives
- Nurture, coach and inspire the team: to excel, be curious, passionate and respect each other
- Conduct individual, team and department meetings
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Expert in best-practice project & programme management methodologies in both plan-driven and change-driven environments.
- Experience in delivering innovative, complex digital products from brief to deployment - full life-cycle - encompassing all disciplines from strategy, creative/UX through to technology.
- Responsible for successfully running programmes of work in excess of 5M.
- Solid understanding of best-in-class UX/UI design principles, user testing & research methodologies
- Solid understanding of modern software development principles and design patterns
- High affinity to technology and global trends in design and communication
- Excellent understanding of business KPIs, forecasting models and basic financial accounting principles
- Experience of line management, coaching and mentoring teams of more than 10 people.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills up to and including C-suite (English is a 'must', German is a 'plus')
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply