San Francisco, United States
Director of User Experience (UX)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design brand and customer experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The Director of User Experience (UX) at AKQA is an inspirational leader, who drives user-centered design processes across agency teams to create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands. User Experience (UX) Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to articulate impactful systems, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
As Director of User Experience you’ll manage, lead, and partner with a multidisciplinary team of creatives, strategist, technologist and program managers to find elegant but practical, engaging solutions to design challenges—while mentoring and growing a talented team of UX experts. Working collaboratively with agency project teams and clients, you will help conceive, develop and launch truly innovative, revolutionary digital experiences and products that delight and surprise consumer across multiple platforms; from mobile to web, e-commerce, interactive retail kiosks, and AR/VR installations.
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling is an absolute must
- Proven track record in IA, interface design and service design
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent
- Ensure a collaborative “one team” approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Encourage progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Encourage state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Expert cross-functional collaboration
- An understanding of Design Thinking principals
- An empathic, thoughtful, confident personality
- A passion for digital innovation, design and the technology
- Broad cultural reference points
- Fearlessly, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to details
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.