Director, Performance Marketing
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. AKQA is currently home to more than 2,000 employees in 23 studios around the world.
AKQA is looking for a seasoned performance marketing professional with experience and up-to-date knowledge of the eCommerce and DR media ecosystem. The Performance Marketing Director is responsible for establishing best practices, process and tools to grow the department. He or she will also be responsible for leading strategy for our most important performance clients. This role will have support from a junior team and be tasked with defining and building this practice within the department.
A deep knowledge of search, programmatic, social and eCommerce platforms is mandatory, including DS3, Google DV360, Facebook/IG, Pinterest, Amazon, etc.
But we are also looking for someone with broad perspective on the media and marketing industry who understands the value and importance of brand as well as more DR-oriented approaches and when to lean more heavily into one or the other.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the bay area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
- Responsible for driving the strategy and planning for paid search, organic search, and performance media including programmatic, re-marketing, affiliate programs, etc.
- Manage and build a disciplined team focused on delivering measurable outcomes
- Establish end-to-end process, providing role clarity and enabling teams to function at high capacity
- Guide agency and client teams on KPIs, A/B testing and optimization strategies and attribution models
- Collaborate with other teams to define tracking and tagging strategy to align measurement and data strategies
- Design thoughtful user flows through media and site experiences, with a mindset of continuous optimization
- Build mechanisms to enable the team to accurately forecast sales performance or other KPIs
- Ability to identify key drivers of retention and LTV
- Effectively navigate the client and partner organizations in which we participate and build strong client relationships
- Develop insightful narratives on performance with accountability for continually improving the performance of our clients’ media investment
- Pioneer new ideas/ practices across clients/internally
- Create an environment that encourages creative thinking and problem solving
- Provide a clear and informed point of view on industry topics relating to the use of digital media, search and measurement methodologies
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- BA or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of relevant experience – agency experience required
- 5+ years management level experience
- Specialized in performance marketing, with experience in SEM, SEO, performance media across social, programmatic and eCommerce media
- Proven track record of driving ROI and profit for clients at scale and with broad oversight of all elements of performance marketing including media, data and tech all the way through to UX, content, loyalty and lifetime value models
- Fundamental understanding of attribution models and measurement methodologies is critical
- Experienced working with large clients and/or CPG or Retail experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid financial acumen and business expertise