San Francisco, United States
Editorial Journalist, Technology
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Technical Writers at AKQA are expected to be able to communicate complex or technical topics in a clear, easy to understand manner. They have a good sense of how to bake in connections between related topics. They have plenty of ideas as they go for how to supplement the stories with interactive and visual features. The ability to tell a compelling story of any length is a must.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Understand complicated subject matters and communicate them creatively
- Consistently be thinking of ideas as each project progresses for how to supplement the stories with interactive and visual features
- Ability to thoroughly research subject matter to unearth new insights or angles for stories
- Implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and writing skills
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- Create and manage original work
- Remain proactive in answering a brief, while pushing ideas beyond what’s asked for
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that shows experience with long-form editorial copy
- Passionate and driven about the craft itself
- Proven creative success in Journalism is a huge plus
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply