Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Emerging Talent Program
AKQA are on the lookout for 18 new team members who would like to kick start their career in Technology. We have spots available split across our Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne studios.
We’re seeking applicants with a curiosity for emerging technologies and an understanding of programming. We don't expect you to be an expert, but we will put your programming knowledge to the test in our interview process. All you need is love for technology and a passion for learning.
Whether developing web and mobile solutions with React, React Native, .NET core or Java; creating test suites with Cypress or Selenium; or orchestrating cloud infrastructure with Terraform and k8s; this is a unique opportunity to work with industry leading technology alongside a diverse team in an agile environment on some of the largest and most complex website and mobile projects in Australia or New Zealand.
You’ll also have the ability to learn from experienced technologists, with training and support from a wider team.
What is the day to day:
- Working across multiple roles within an agile squad, contributing to live client projects.
- Using a range of tools and frameworks to develop mobile app and website UI’s, web services, test automation and DevOps pipelines to deliver dynamic digital experiences.
- Participating in Guilds, our communities of practice sharing innovations in technology and best practices.
What’s on offer for you:
- A full time (37.5 hours per week), 12 month contract, starting in February 2022.
- Get a 360-degree view of our technology practices by learning from and rotating through our technology areas of Quality Assurance (QA), Development Operations (DevOps), Frontend and Backend programming across our engineering teams.
- Supported by a dedicated Technical Lead, you will spend your first few weeks learning all about how we build awesome products and work with clients and other AKQA teams.
- Have a support group of other participants who are also going through this program.
- Gain accreditations and certifications across our core technology stacks.
- Work with world-class developers on cutting-edge technology, play a part in building real-world products and services.
- Be mentored by some of Australia's most experienced software engineers.
- Enjoy exposure to a variety of AKQA departments.
- Have individual reviews and goal setting discussions to help carve a unique career development plan.
We architect, design and build iconic experiences, products and services to create a better future with our clients. Our multidisciplinary team has been involved in some of the most groundbreaking projects across multiple industries such as e-commerce, finance, automotive, government, tourism, retail and FMCG.
Our key Technology Partnerships include Adobe, Sitecore, Salesforce, Kentico, Contentful, Microsoft, AWS and Google to name a few. We don’t believe in a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to technology and our experts will guide you through our robust network of software partners.
Some of our recent accolades include:
Most Innovative Company:
AKQA has received the top ranking in the 2021 AFR Boss Most Innovative Companies List in our industry, acknowledging the leading companies in Australia and New Zealand.
Leading Global Marketing agency:
In its 2021 report, and for the fourth year running, Gartner details AKQA as #1 Leader and most respected Global Marketing Agency. We are proven strategic leaders amongst our peers, and as Gartner recognises, it's our ability to execute on a vision that truly sets us apart.
MACH Alliance Member:
AKQA has joined the MACH Alliance, the group of independent tech companies dedicated to advocating for open, best-of-breed technology ecosystems.
At AKQA we want to understand your future aspirations and how we can support you to get there. We invest in your career growth, with plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development. Additionally, as part of working with AKQA you’ll have access to our work perks such as flexible working arrangements, bonus annual leave, a day off for your birthday and social events.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply