Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Engineering Director is responsible for leading a high-performing Technology team to deliver premium digital technology solutions. They must ensure the teams’ output is technically excellent and exceeds quality goals and client expectations. The role will involve owning technical strategy, building and managing client relationships, acting as an escalation point and collaborating with relevant teams to create innovative solutions. The Engineering Director must at all times seek to improve internal practices and procedures and foster a professional and supportive environment for staff development.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Own the Melbourne Technology Strategy, including the team mix, practices and capability development required to deliver it.
- Work with key clients and your team to ensure we have clear, progressive technology strategies in place.
- Oversee technical programme delivery for the Melbourne client portfolio.
- Ensure the team structure is maintained, and appropriately sized for the current and pipeline client engagements
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Wide understanding of the technology and delivery landscape, with a progressive mindset to continue exploring better approaches
- Ability to create lasting client relationships
- Team operations and commercial awareness
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and lead a team of experts,
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply